Research at the York
Apply for a research internship!
The observatory staff is involved in various research projects, either individually
or within collaborations, and we are looking for student researchers. Funding
is often available if you qualify.
Students may choose to:
We collaborate with scientists at the
Goddard Institute for Space Studies
, Princeton University
, and are active members of the
New York City Space Science Research Alliance and Hayden
Associates at the American Museum of Natural
- Measure the relative diameters of
- Predict and measure isotopic abundances in
caused by cosmic rays
- Analyze the molecular emission from
- Model the chemistry and structure of giant clouds in the center of
the Milky Way
- Discover and determine orbits for
- Contribute to the development of the York College Optical Telescope
- Contribute to the development of the York College
- Participate in developing the Atacama Cosmology Telescope in Chile
- Participate in many other space science projects at NASA facilities
(718-262-2082) or Martin
(718-262-2650) for more information.
Department of Natural Sciences
94-20 Guy R. Brewer Blvd.
Jamaica, NY 11451
(718) 262-2650, FAX 2652